Saturday, February 17, 2007

"Surprise Valentines"

I come not expecting anything
Which I might end up regretting
Not jumping in to any conclusion
That sprung up from my over active imagination

But you came and discarded all insecurities.
Doing something I’d normally see in movies
For the first time,
I had an actual valentine.

It was hard to believe, so I didn’t
I told myself, "its not for me, it isn’t"
But could it, could it really be
it was, it was for me.

I saw you with that smile on your face
Holding in your hand a treasure I can never replace.
You handed me a beautiful sight,
A bouquet of balloons shining under the light.

So many balloons in different shapes and sizes
The sight of it all hypnotizes
Some were round, a couple spirals and of hearts.
Streamers and paper were some added parts.

Then I notice the biggest and reddest one in the center
It said, "I LOVE YOU" in big, silver letters.
Holding it all was a mug where you wrote
"Jordan" and "Amy" as your little note.

I couldn’t believe this all happening
In all the happiness, my heart was singing
Then when I thought nothing could be better than this.
Then you gave me a little kiss.

I could only say thank you to chance and to you
You made me feel something I never knew
Fate can better plan
Than I ever can.

No comments: