Saturday, February 24, 2007

"Pre-Prom"

It finally came. The event I’ve been waiting for the whole year. It seems pathetic to be so eager about the prom, but I was. I wanted to have a great and memorable night when I can spend a little more effort in my appearance. I wanted a night of fun with my friends that I’d actually be allowed to go to. I’ve been looking forward for that night ever since I met my prom date back on September of last year. I’m sure you know why he’s such an important part of all of this.

Everything really started at the beginning of the year, when I knew we would have our first prom. My friends and I talked about it a few times, like the teens we were. We just wondered could possible happen on that night, what we’d where, what we’d do and whom we’ll go with.

Then when I got involved in a new club I met someone, someone that has unexpectedly made his mark on my life. He came and I noticed. He turns out to be a constant source of smiles, tears, laughter, pain and even pride and I’m glad to have met him and be a part of my life, in any way. I was so happy that I asked him to the prom 6 months in advance. I’m even happier he accepted.

Then the whole love month and prom craze came and I did everything I needed to do. I found my dress and other accessories. I helped my other friends find dates. I fell deeper in to love and life. It’s been a hectic few weeks but it finally came.

The fun all started when he showed up. I was in the salon for 3 hours getting ready so he decided to come and pick me up. I waited for about 15 minutes, retouching every detail of my dress, hair and makeup to look as close to perfect as possible. I just couldn’t believe that he was coming to pick me up. He finally came through the door of the Solon.

I cautiously walked to him, trying not to look to eager. He smiled and seems to like my new look. He, on the other hand, could’ve looked better. He did looked good… but he looked like a priest, but it didn’t matter too much. All I cared about was that he was already here. He could always make my heart skip no matter what he was wearing.

We went to the mall to get our picture taken. We walked around trying to find our friends all the while either being looked at for looking too fancy for the mall or for being so close. Other kids going to prom were there for the same reason. Some of them were people we knew so got our fair share of attention for being too sweet to be friends. We bought a few things we needed and met up with other friends to eat before the event.

We met up with other friends and decided to have a little snack in "McDonald's". We just spent our little free time before the prom enjoying each other’s company. It was so weird being looked at. Imagine a group of teenagers in elegant evening wear; girls in gowns and guys in ties, and we were eating at "McDonald's."

At last we found our other friends and another place, less crowded to get our picture taken. We paid what we needed. Our two other friends were getting solo pictures, then only the 3 girls then last was my couple picture with Jordan.

We got into different sweet positions to make the picture look good. The first was with us facing each other and he was using his scarf to pull me closer. We kept eye contact. Then the second were us both facing the camera. His arms were around me from behind. I tried to just smile for the camera but he kept on looking at me. The end result was a picture of him sweetly staring at me.

I knew taking pictures with Jordan would be interesting. He always makes thing his little projects and just does his best while having fun. He was great, and my friends really liked the whole thing going on between us. They thought, like everyone else, that we were sweet, and we just laughed it off.

We were almost done and almost late. We rode on our friend’s multi-cab to the school. Everything seemed all right. We just tried to fix anything else, re-touching our make-up, rearranging our hair, etc.

When we got there, I was surprised. Outside the school were paparazzi and many of them. I didn’t think they’d be there. This only meant one thing; to get inside we had to go through the sea of flashes. I got nervous. My friends told me to just go through them, it’ll be OK. My date comforted me by telling me to not worry cause I looked nice.

We got off an went through the photographers. My friend went first, trying to meet her date inside. We walked through and I just tried to smile and not to let them take bad pictures. Jordan just held out his arm and I grabbed hold of him. He led me inside. That’s why almost all my pictures had him in the shot.

We were almost in the prom. We were just a little behind because we tried to find our friends first. We practically raced to the sports complex to get registered and went to our places for the procession.

No comments: